Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review: Mac Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

As I was debating what my first post would be, I decided I wanted it to be a staple product. Something that makes a differece in my makeup routine. Of all the products that I have in my collection, it is my paint pot that I find irreplaceable.
I have searchd far and wide in the beauty world for something to extend the wear of my eyeshadow. Lets face, we have all spent the time making sure our eyeshadow is perfect only for it to crease a few hours later. While its not that noticable when the eyes are open, we all know that gross line stretching across the lid is lingering there waiting for our eyes to close and for someone to notice the horrible crease.

I have tried various eye primers for low end to high end. Most recently the one from ELF, Lorac, and Tarte--nothing beats the paint pot. I have also tried creme shadows like the Maybelline Color Tattoo. The paint pot has the lastability like no other.

Paint pots come in various colors. The most commonly used as an eyeshadow bases are soft ochre and painterly. Soft ochre has a more yellow base which I find works best for my skin tone.

From a simple look to the more dramatic, it keeps my shadow in place and has completely eliminated creasing from my life.

I bought my paint pot for $18 from a Mac counter in the mall. That might seem like a lot to some but it is more than worth it. I have had mine for about two months and you can barely tell that I have used it. I will definately be purchasing this product again when it runs out!

No comments:

Post a Comment