Monday, April 1, 2013

March Favorites!

In the past month, I have accured some monthly favorites that have become staples in my beauty rotation. Some of the products I am going to show have been things I never thought I would buy but are well worth the money. I can be a stickler for price but sometimes it is good to splurge! Anyway, lets get on with beauties!

First, I want to start with my face powder and highlighters!

Top: Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki
Bottom: Mac MSF in Lightscapade and MSF in Light Plus


 
I have used many face powders in my day and I havent found one as good as MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Light Plus. It creates a natural look without being too powdery. It does cost $30 but it seems to last for a while.I highly recommend everyone checking it out.

As for the two highlighters, I have been obsessed with setting my undereye concealer with them. I use the MSF in Lightscapde the most. It helps to lighten up the area without looking like you put glitter or anything in the area. It has a great sheen without being unnatural.

Hard Candy calls Tiki a bronzer but really it is a great golden highlighter. It adds just a bit of glow when you need a pick me up!

Next up, eyes!


Maybelline Expert Eyes in Browntones; MAC Pro longwear Concealer in NW 15; Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer in Radiant
Lets be honest. Dark circles are a girls biggest enemy when it comes to creating a bright complextion. I have been using a combo of the MAC and the Dream Lumi and it works great! I put the Dream Lumi on first to help correct some of the darkness and then apply the MAC on top. It works wonders at waking up a tired face!

My next trick at bringing out the face is my eyebrows. I have extremely light brows and have always fought it. In years past, I just let it ride. I was too afraid to try and dye them and just didnt understand pencils or what not. My first foray into filling in the brows was with a pencil. It often was too dark and never looked right---until recently. I decided I would give powders a try. Browntones is actually a eyeshadow but hey, who cares! It works great at creating a brow without being too harsh!

Urban Decay Naked Basics

I put off for months on getting the Naked Basics palette. I figured I could live without! Boy, I was wrong! It is perfect for creating an everyday eye look. You can go simple or go dramatic! I have been using it almost everyday since I got it!

Mica Beauty Gel Eyeliner
I got this gel liner in an Ipsy bag. It is a really dark, basic black liner. It is great for the winged liner I have been obsessed with!

MAC Pressed Pigment in Blonde Streak

Swatch
Blonde Streak is great for added a little sparkle to an eye look. I like to use it in the corner of the eye for brightness and have even used it to frame the outside of my eye. Make things a little fun!! and who doesnt love a little glitz?!?

NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic


A new thing I have gotten into is cream blush. Boho Chic is great for a soft natural look. I use it on days where I want an "inner glow". I use a stippling brush to apply right after my foundation and then set my whole face with my MSF. I find that it has good pigmentation and lasts all day.


Welp, those have been my stand out product for the month of March! Look out for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment