Saturday, May 11, 2013

MAKE UP FOR EVER Lavendar 9 Powder Blush

Okay, this is probably the most outrageous product that I own! The other week I was sitting in my living room thinking, "I wonder if they make purple blush". Now, I knew they had the darker more berry color blushes but I wanted PURPLE!! So I searched everywhere to find one. I look at pretty much every store I had access to here in town and nothing. So, I turned to the web. I started on Ulta but I didn't find anything. Then, I checked Sephora. I haven't ever ordered anything from there but I knew that they have  lot of different kinds of products. If you have never been to a store or checked out their website, they carry higher end brands of makeup. So as I was searching around, I landed on Make Up For Ever Lavender 9. It is a little scary in the pan so brace yourself.

WOAH! Now, that is a purple blush!!! I did do some research and looked at swatches before I bought it. and while it is crazy looking here, it is really not that bad on the face.


Here it is the first time that I wore it. It definitely leans purple but it does look a little more pink on the face than in the pan.

Because this is such a pigmented blush, you have to have a light hand when applying it. Less is more! I haven't had the chance to try it with a lot of different looks. Here I chose to keep the rest of the face pretty simple. I don't think I even wore anything on my eyes, just some mascara. I think that it could be worn with a slightly more dramatic eye if done with neutral colors. Because of bright color, I wouldn't wear any major colors on the rest of the face. A neutral eye and lip so that the blush pops!

As I have mentioned, it have great pigmentation and the color itself lasts on the face all day. It's not an everyday color but I think it is great for changing up the routine when things get a little boring.

The blush costs $21 and can be purchased here. It is a lot for a blush but I think it is worth it. and for those of you who are not into such a special color, they do come in other shades that would work great for everyday use and will last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment