Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Julep Maven Box

Its that time again! My Julep Maven box came in! This is by far one of my favorite in a long while. I was seriously thinking about canceling my subscription because I wasn't really getting anything I cared for, BUT this month stepped it up.

First up, an overview of the box.


This month I got a trio of lipsticks, a lip scrub, a mascara, and some cute little hair pins!  They also like to through in some extras. I had no idea about the pins. I cant wait to use them :)

The mascara is officially called American Beauty Volumizing Mascara. There was a box that I did skip sometime last year that had this in it. So, now that I have a second chance, Ill have to try it out. I really look full, long lashes. Cross your fingers this one is good!

Next up, lip scrub! It is like there were reading my mind. I have been on the hunt for a a lip scrub for a while. I do have one that I made at home but you can never have enough.Especially with the bright lip trend that's going on. The hot color is bringing attention to the lips and scaly is not cute. I did test a bit out on my hand. Its a little sticky but it gritty without being too coarse. I foresee it doing a good job. and did I mention it comes in the cutest container?!?!



I don't know if I will repurchase but, I will def being reusing this container!! GORG!!!

Lastly, there is the lip trio. The lipsticks come in a pretty gold tube. The packaging is pretty but the lipsticks themselves are very small. I would say at least half the size of a normal lipstick...maybe even smaller. Here are some swatches.


As you can see, tea for two is barely there. It looks pretty in the tube but has no color pay off. Satin doll is a coraly orange color. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Ill have to try it on to see. Last but not least, lady in red. It has the most color payoff and is a classic red. It will probably be the most useful of them off.

And that's it! If you haven't heard of Julep, it is a monthly subscription service. When I first got my subscription it was more nail polished based subscription but recently they have started including other beauty related products. I cant say I don't like it! If you have questions, just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment